Friday, February 11, 2011

Lash: I broke his leg

"God lashes painful, but the cure" - Liem Hua Yong

A woman was enjoying the summer air in Switzerland. One day she walks. When climbing a mountain slope, she got d house of a shepherd. She headed for the door andpeered inside. She saw a shepherd was sitting surrounded by his flock. Nearby lay asheep.
When the woman take a good look, she saw the leg of lamb was broken. Immediately she felt sympathy for the injured sheep. She stared asked the shepherd.
"What happened to the sheep?" she asked.
Was so shocked she was when the shepherd replied, "Maam, I have broken his leg."

implies the woman's face of horror and pain. When she saw it, the pastor said: "maam, of all my sheep, this lamb is the most recalcitrant. He never obey me. He never followed the direction that I point out. He went to places steep and precipitous that endanger themselves . Not only that, he also makes  my other sheeps scattered. I've experienced in handling this kind of mischievous sheep. So, I broke his leg. The first day I approached him and fed him, he tried to bite me. I let it for two days. Then, I went back again. And now, he doesn't just want to eat food that I give, but also licking my hand and showed an attitude of trust and even affection.
And now let me tell you anything. If the lamb has been healthy, he will become a model sheep in my herd. No other sheep hear my voice faster. No other sheep who follow me so close besides him."
(James H. McConkey)




"And have you completely forgotten this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says, “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son." (Heb 12: 5-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment